Meet villagers from different walks of life and explore the arts, culture and traditions that make up their day to day experiences. Visit with a talented family of artists, see their studio and learn how they practice their craft. Enjoy delicious organic chocolate, hand made by a group of cacao farmers who work together to harvest, prepare and produce it. Explore the village community where locals are raising gurami (freshwater fish) in the middle of their rice terraces and meet with the Ibu who crafts her own virgin coconut oil from 11 varieties of coconuts using a secret recipe.
Do good, feel good. This travel experience has a 5-star sustainability rating.
Please be aware this experience has a 2-star physical activity rating.
Suitable for all ages, recommended for ages 12+
“I highly recommend Real Indonesia's West Bali experience. We had a fantastic time visiting the village and spending time with the locals just as they are. Our tour guides were wonderful, the lunches were all great and the activities were certainly something different - exactly what we were looking for.” – Rikki, Perth, Australia
Positive Impact Statement
We’ve designed this experience to provide economic opportunities to the local community and provide them with the opportunity to present their culture to visitors in their own way.
Proceeds from this travel experience support our partner, Five Pillar Foundation, and their Youth Skill Development & Empowerment Programs.
Five Pillar Foundations works with village youth to help prepare them for their future, providing a local co-working space with Wi-Fi, and a range of free classes including computer literacy, digital design, internet marketing entrepreneurship, photography and English language. Five Pillar Foundation also run special excursions to villages throughout West Bali, with an aim to provide young Indonesians with the technical skills, passion and inspiration they need to build their own successful enterprises and find ways to help their local community make the best use of available resources. Five Pillar’s programs help empower young people to get involved in the protection and preservation of their culture, communities and environment.
This experience has been created to provide economic opportunities to the local community and also allow the local community to present their own culture to visitors in their own way.
- Two nights beachside accommodation in a Western standard hotel
- Pick Up/Drop Off from the designated meeting point in Kuta or Ubud
- Lunch on all three days
- Breakfast on both mornings
- Dinner on day one
- Snacks and water refill station (bring your own water bottle)
- English speaking tour guides with first aid certification
- Air-conditioned private transport
- Introductory Indonesian language and Balinese customs/manners mini-course
- Facilitated intercultural dialogue with Balinese communities
- Memories; Photos and video of your experience will be provided for you to access online after your experience
- Dinner on day two
- Additional add-ons such as accommodation upgrades
Some activities are weather dependent and in extreme weather situations, some activities may not be able to be offered. Reasonable and appropriate substitute activities will be offered in the event that planned activities are unavailable.
What to Bring?
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Sun cream, sunglasses, hat, bug-spray
- Your own refillable water bottle
- Umbrella in case of rain
- Bathers and a towel or sarong, for swimming at the beach and hotel pool