Ubud Writers Festival Adventure – Ubud & West Bali 10D9N
Attend the festival and experience Ubud and Bali with this special cultural experience package. This experience runs from Wednesday 23 October to Friday 1 November 2019, please select those dates on the calendar below.
The Ubud Writers & Readers Festival is one of the world’s most celebrated literary events.
Real Indonesia is excited to announce an exclusive package for the festival which not only helps local communities in Ubud, but helps emerging writers in Western Australia too!
Attend the festival and experience Ubud and Bali with this special cultural experience package. Stay in the beautiful eco-friendly Alam Sari Resort Keliki, conveniently located 20 minutes away from Ubud’s city centre, surrounded by peaceful rice terraces. Perfect for relaxing or quietly contemplating on the right words.
Enjoy the Writer’s Festival activities, and then take the opportunity to immerse yourself in the regional culture of Ubud more deeply. Keep exploring Ubud and beautiful West Bali as you visit with families of talented artists and organic farmers.
This experience runs from Wednesday 23 October to Friday 1 November 2019.
Do good, feel good. This travel experience has a 5-star sustainability rating.
Please be aware this experience has a 2-star physical activity rating.
Recommended for ages 12+
Positive Impact Statement
We’ve designed this experience to provide both economic opportunities to the local communities in Ubud and West Bali and provide support for emerging and disadvantaged West Australian writers to attend the Festival.
All of our experiences are designed to allow the local communities to present their own culture to visitors in their own way.
Proceeds from this travel experience support our partner, Five Pillar Foundation, and their Youth Skill Development & Empowerment Programs.
Five Pillar Foundations works with village youth to help prepare them for their future, providing a local co-working space with Wi-Fi, and a range of free classes including computer literacy, digital design, internet marketing entrepreneurship, photography and English language. Five Pillar Foundation also run special excursions to villages throughout West Bali, with an aim to provide young Indonesians with the technical skills, passion and inspiration they need to build their own successful enterprises and find ways to help their local community make the best use of available resources. Five Pillar’s programs help empower young people to get involved in the protection and preservation of their culture, communities and environment.
Proceeds also support writingWA, an organization dedicated to writing and associated activities in WA. writingWA provides a range of services to help support emerging Western Australian writers and bring their writing to new audiences. Proceeds from this experience will go towards enabling emerging and underprivileged writers attend the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival.
• 4-Day Ubud Writers and Readers Festival Pass*
• Shuttle transporting you to and from accommodation in Ubud to the Readers and Writers Festival
• 9 nights accommodation
• 5 x lunches
• Daily breakfast
• 1 x dinner
• Snacks and water refill station (bring your own water bottle) (Days 7 to 10)
• English speaking tour guides with first aid certification (Days 7 to 10)
• Air-conditioned private transport (Days 7 to 10)
• Introductory Indonesian language and Balinese customs/manners mini-course (Days 7 to 10)
• Facilitated intercultural dialogue with Balinese communities (Days 7 to 10)
• Memories; Photos and video of your experience will be provided for you to access online after your experience (Days 7 to 10)
*The pass grants access to the Main Program. It does not grant access to other ticketed events, such as Workshops or Special Events.
- Meals during the Festival activities are not included, so please budget accordingly
- Additional add-ons such as accommodation upgrades
What happens if there is bad weather?
Some activities are weather dependent and in extreme weather situations, some activities may not be able to be offered. Reasonable and appropriate substitute activities will be offered in the event that planned activities are unavailable.
What to Bring?
• Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
• Sun cream, sunglasses, hat, bug-spray
• Your own refillable water bottle
• Umbrella in case of rain
• Bathers and a towel or sarong, for swimming at the beach and hotel pool
• Books and pens to take full advantage of inspiration on your adventure!