Discover the magic of East Java with our explorer tour as you take in the sights and sounds of Sparkling Surabaya. Surround yourself with a rich tapestry of history and culture as you dive into Indonesia’s second largest city. Then top it all off with the serenity of a spectacular sunrise from the top of Mount Bromo.
Do good, feel good! This experience helps support local entrepreneurs and families in East Java.
Please be aware this experience has a 4-star physical activity rating.
“Traveling with Real Indonesia provides a comfortable, relaxing and refreshing way to experience the country. Juxtaposing the lively city life, we then experienced a serene sunrise near Mount Bromo.” - Novi, Perth, Australia
Positive Impact Statement
We’ve designed this experience to provide economic opportunities to the local community.
Our travel experiences in Java have a strong focus on engagement with local businesses, to help keep your tourism dollars in the communities you visit. You’ll dine at local restaurants, stay in accommodation that’s owned and run by local people, and enjoy activities and excursions that support local businesses and entrepreneurs throughout your entire trip!
Travelling with Real Indonesia means supporting local communities and businesses, not multinational conglomerates. Beyond Bali, local communities in Indonesia greatly appreciate the support of international travellers.
This travel experience is run in partnership with our local partner, family owned business, Our Trip First. Based in Malang, Our Trip First employ local youth, providing them with opportunities to grow their skills through experience.
- 3 nights accommodation in a 3-star Western standard hotel
- Pick Up/Drop Off from Surabaya International Airport
- Daily breakfast and lunch, dinner on day 1
- Snacks and water refill station (bring your own water bottle)
- English speaking tour guides
- Air-conditioned private transport
- Real Indonesia Travel Guide © (including extensive pre-departure information)
- Surabaya City Guide ©
What to Bring?
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Your own refillable water bottle
- Umbrella in case of rain
- Warm clothes for Bromo sunrise (the temperature may be around 5 degrees Celcius)
What happens if there is bad weather?
Some activities are weather dependent and in extreme weather situations, some activities may not be able to be offered. Reasonable and appropriate substitute activities will be offered in the event that planned activities are unavailable.