Dive head-first into the real Indonesia on this immersive adventure and witness the majesty of sunrise on Mount Bromo. Uncover the history and culture of East Java as you explore two unique cities. Visit the vibrant Surabaya and indulge in the colour and cuisine of beautiful Malang.
Do good, feel good! This experience helps support local entrepreneurs and families in East Java.
Please be aware this experience has a 4-star physical activity rating
Positive Impact Statement
We’ve designed this experience to provide economic opportunities to the local community.
Our travel experiences in Java have a strong focus on engagement with local businesses, to help keep your tourism dollars in the communities you visit. You’ll dine at local restaurants, stay in accommodation that’s owned and run by local people, and enjoy activities and excursions that support local businesses and entrepreneurs throughout your entire trip!
Travelling with Real Indonesia means supporting local communities and businesses, not multinational conglomerates. Beyond Bali, local communities in Indonesia greatly appreciate the support of international travellers.
This travel experience is run in partnership with our local partner, family owned business, Our Trip First. Based in Malang, Our Trip First employ local youth, providing them with opportunities to grow their skills through experience.
- 5 nights accommodation in a 3-star Western standard hotel
- Pick Up/Drop Off from Surabaya International Airport
- Daily breakfast and lunch, dinner on day 1
- Snacks and water refill station (bring your own water bottle)
- English speaking tour guides
- Air-conditioned private transport
- Real Indonesia Travel Guide © (including extensive pre-departure information)
- Surabaya City Guide ©
What to Bring?
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Your own refillable water bottle
- Umbrella in case of rain
- Warm clothes for Bromo sunrise (the temperature may be around 5 degrees Celcius)
What happens if there is bad weather?
Some activities are weather dependent and in extreme weather situations, some activities may not be able to be offered. Reasonable and appropriate substitute activities will be offered in the event that planned activities are unavailable.